Give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of youth. CVPRD is seeking volunteer coaches for our youth sports leagues. You don’t need to be an expert; coaches receive drills to do during practice. Plus, when you volunteer to be a head coach, your child plays the sport you coach for free!
Hear from our fantastic volunteer coaches as they share why they coach and what youth sports mean to them.
Mission and Purpose
To provide exceptional community-based Athletic programs for all ages by providing quality service to all participants and offering a safe and well-maintained environment where our customers can gather for a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Learning all fundamental and basic sport-specific skills, and establishing building blocks for overall improvement
- Teaching the value of teamwork and becoming an effective member of a team
- Teach sportsmanship and fair play by emphasizing proper treatment of teammates, coaches, opponents and officials
- Create opportunities for the customers of all three communities to connect and build relationships and friendships through sports programs
- Volunteer coaches must complete online instruction about concussions in sports.
- Practice days and times are determined by the coaches making it convenient to work around your busy schedule.
- A background check is required.
What are my responsibilities as a coach?
Coaches are responsible for all aspects of the team including scheduling and running practices, attending and coaching games, and helping to recruit assistant coaches when necessary.
How do I sign up to coach?
- Go the main CVPRD Registration page.
- Type "Volunteer Coaches" in the search bar.
- Select the sport you want to coach.
- If you already have an account proceed with registering as a coach. If you don't already have an account, set one up then register.