Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation Scholarship Program
Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District’s (CVPRD) scholarship program was designed to help make recreation services more accessible to community members who may not have the opportunity to participate due to financial limitations.
- Scholarships are limited to $100 per individual per application, and must be used by December 31 of the year scholarship funds are received
- Recipients are required to pay any fees above the $100 scholarship amount
- Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis until all scholarship funds are exhausted
- Individuals may only receive the amount of funds needed for registration for a specific class or program
- Applicants requesting financial assistance through the CVPRD scholarship program must show proof of residency and financial need
- Failure to attend a program paid for by a scholarship or failure to follow program or facility rules may result in the loss of future scholarship approval
- Submittal of an application does not guarantee a scholarship
- Scholarships are not retroactive
Programs Not Eligible for Scholarships
- Contractual programs such as dance and karate
- Recreation center membership passes (except 10 or 20 punch passes) and drop-in admission
Applicants must be a District resident and provide either a valid driver’s license or other picture ID indicating residency in Dacono, Frederick, or Firestone.
Proof of participation in an assistance program such as SNAP (EBT cards), Aid to the Needy and Disabled (AND), Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), Foster Care, free or reduced lunch, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Medicaid, Medicare Savings Program, Old Age Pension (OAP), Supplementary Security Income/Social Security Disability Income, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is required.
If you are not on a qualifying assistance program but your income is within federal low-income guidelines, please submit a copy of your most recent 1040 tax return with your social security number blacked out.
Or if you do not have any of the credentials listed above please write a paragraph or so explaining the necessity for scholarship assitance.
To help the District receive funding for scholarships in the future, recipients must be willing to provide a written testimonial (on the application) describing how the scholarship will benefit their family, child, or self.
- Submit online application or
- Download and print the Scholarship Application form below.
- Applications are also available for pick-up at the Carbon Valley Recreation Center or Carbon Valley Gymnastics/Senior Center.
- Bring the completed scholarship application and acceptable forms of eligibility to a CVPRD facility or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be contacted within two weeks of applying to inform you of your scholarship status. Applications will be kept strictly confidential.
For more information email Katie Hyde at email@example.com or call 303-833-3660 x 106.
Special thanks to United Way of Weld County and private donors for supporting the CVPRD recreation scholarship program. This program would not be possible without their support.