If you're age 60 and older and are unable to shovel your driveway and sidewalks after a snowstorm, our Snow Buddies program can help. Space is limited and not guaranteed.
This service is reserved for residents who are within Carbon Valley Parks & Recreation District (CVPRD) who:
- Are physically unable to shovel
- Cannot financially afford to pay for similar services
- Do not have neighbors, family, or friends nearby to assist
Volunteer to be a Snow Buddy
We are seeking volunteers who have a little extra time and the energy to help their older neighbors clear snow from their sidewalks and driveways.
- Volunteers and residents will be paired based on proximity to the volunteer whenever possible. They are asked to take the initiative to go to their buddy's home within 24 hours of a measurable snowfall and clear the snow using their own shovel or snow blower.
- There is no need for the volunteer or resident to contact one another when there is a snowfall. Volunteers will only clear the resident’s driveway, sidewalk, and access to the front or primary door.
- They will not clear decks or other non-essential surfaces, nor enter the back or side yards unless that is the primary access from the garage/parking to the home.
Please contact Senior Center at email@example.com or 303-833-2739 if you have any questions about the program. Space is limited and not guaranteed.