Code of Conduct
Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District (CVPRD) strives to create an atmosphere of respect and courtesy. Appropriate social behavior and treatment of others is expected of all District employees, patrons and participants. Physical, mental, verbal or emotional abuse will not be accepted or tolerated by anyone participating in any District activity, facility or program.
Any District employee shall be authorized to enforce the Code of Conduct, along with any rules and regulations applicable to the facility, activity, park or program. Any person acting inappropriately or disrespectfully may be subject to a revocation of the privilege of using District facilities or participating in District activities or programs. Such revocation may be for whatever period of time District staff shall determine appropriate, up to a permanent ban from District programs and facilities based upon the circumstances of the specific incident or occurrence.
Carbon Valley Recreation Center Policies
- All guests utilize the center and participate in activities at their own risk
- Children up to 10-years-old must be directly supervised by an adult at all times unless the child is participating in a center supervised program.
- Youth ages 11 - 12 may use the weight room with parental supervision. Youth ages 13 - 14 may use the weight room unsupervised however they must complete the Junior Trainers program and wear a Junior Trainers wristband when in the weight room.
- Please dress appropriately when in the center.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- Non-marking shoes are required in the gymnasium, racquetball courts, and fitness studio.
- Proper swim attire is required in the pool area.
- Athletic attire, including closed toe athletic shoes, are required in the fitness areas.
- Use of cameras, cell phone cameras, and video cameras are prohibited in all locker rooms and bathrooms. Any photography within the rec center must be approved by management.
- No bicycles, mopeds, skateboards or skate shoes are allowed in District facilities.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to bring their own lock to secure clothing and valuables in lockers. Locks are also available for sale at the front desk.
- Locks and property must be removed each night.
- Food, drinks and gum are not permitted in the gymnasium, locker rooms, racquetball courts, track, and fitness areas.
- Tobacco and weapons are prohibited in the recreation center.
- Animals are prohibited unless service animals accompanying persons with disabilities.
- Please be aware of and follow all posted center rules and guidelines.
Types of Violations
Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Disorderly conduct
- Drug use
- Failure to cooperate with staff
- Noncompliance with established policies and rules
- Obscene language or gestures
- Possession of weapons of any kind
- Public intoxication
- Sexual misconduct
- Unlawful activity and any other behavior deemed offensive or unacceptable