- Youth Sports
Mission and Purpose
To provide exceptional community-based Athletic programs for all ages by providing quality service to all participants and offering a safe and well-maintained environment where our customers can gather for a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Learning all fundamental and basic sport-specific skills, and establishing building blocks for overall improvement
- Teaching the value of teamwork and becoming an effective member of a team
- Teach sportsmanship and fair play by emphasizing proper treatment of teammates, coaches, opponents and officials
- Create opportunities for the customers of all three communities to connect and build relationships and friendships through sports programs
What you Need to Know
- Practice times, days, and locations are determined by the coach.
- Teams practice 1-3 hours per week (varies by age).
- Coaches meetings are typically held 1 - 2 weeks before the first scheduled practice.
- Unless otherwise noted, children are placed on teams according to their age on the first practice day of the season.
- In general, leagues for children ages 8 and younger are self-officiated by coaches and parent volunteers. Games for children ages 9 and older are officiated by a game official.
- All CVPRD leagues include jerseys.
- Some travel may be required for certain leagues.
- Coach requests are first-come, first-served.
- Weather Line
To check the status of a game during inclement weather call 303-833-3660 x 119.
2023 Spring Softball
Teams from Carbon Valley and other agencies across Colorado play in the Indian Peaks Girls Softball Association, a friendly yet competitive coach-pitch and fast-pitch softball program. Practices are held at softball fields in Frederick, Firestone, and Dacono.
Registration Deadline: Monday, March 6
Dates: April 3 - June 25, Games begin May 1
Fee: $92 District, $138 Non-District
8U Coach Pitch (Age 7 - 8)
10U (Age 9 - 10)
12U (Age 11 - 12)
14U (Age 13 - 14)
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of youth. CVPRD is seeking volunteer coaches for our youth sports leagues. You don’t need to be an expert; coaches receive drills to do during practice. Plus, when you volunteer to be a head coach, your child plays the sport you coach for free!
Click here to hear from our fantastic volunteer coaches as they share why they coach and what youth sports mean to them.
- Volunteer coaches must complete online instruction about concussions in sports.
- Practice days and times are determined by the coaches making it convenient to work around your busy schedule.
- A background check is required.
What are my responsibilities as a coach?
Coaches are responsible for all aspects of the team including scheduling and running practices, attending and coaching games, and helping to recruit assistant coaches when necessary.
How do I sign up to coach?
- Click here to be taken to the district’s registration page.
- Type "Volunteer Coaches" in the search bar.
- Select the sport you want to coach.
- If you already have an account proceed with registering as a coach. If you don't already have an account, set one up then register.
Not finding the sports you are looking for or looking for a younger age group? Click here to see more information about Skyhawks and SuperTots sports camps.