Kid Zone will reopen March 15th!
Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District provides high-quality care to children whose guardians are participating in
on-site programs or using our facility. One free reservation per kid to Kid Zone for annual pass holders.
During the pandemic, reservations are required for Kid Zone
and may be made up to seven days in advance by calling 303-833-3660 or at www.cvprd.com. Reservations need to
be made by using the child's name. We ask that you only register for one session per day per child to give other families opportunities to enjoy the program. Please drop-off and pick-up in the specified windows only. There is a five minute grace period for picking up children.
Hours of Operation
8 - 9 am
9:15 - 10:15 am
10:30 - 11:30 am
11:45 - 12:45 pm
Children between the ages of 6 months and 9 years are welcome in Kid Zone.
During the pandemic, capacity is limited to twelve kids and two staff members.
Fees (Per Child, Per Reservation)
Drop-in Admission: $3 District, $4 Non-District
The drop-in fee covers the entire reservation time. Punch passes will still be accepted and two punches will be used per reservation. Punch passes are not being sold at this time.
- Adult member must remain on recreation center property at all times.
- No adults other than staff are allowed in our Kid Zone space. If you need to change a diaper, we ask that you please use the locker rooms or family changing rooms.
- Please provide where you will be in the facility in case, we need to find you to come back to the room. An announcement will be made in the building if you are needed.
- Snacks and personal items/toys are not permitted in Child Watch at this time. Your child may bring a water bottle and jacket with his/her name on it.
- We will contact you if your child has a soiled diaper or a bathroom related accident, has not stopped crying for 15 minutes, is exhibiting any symptoms listed below or has a significant behavioral problem.
- With the weather changing, staff will not taking kids outside, so they do not have to handle putting a jacket on and off them.
Drop Off and Pick Up Process
Kids will be checked in and out by a card system. When kids are checked in, the parent will give staff either a membership card or a driver’s license. The card/license will be used to identify the child when their parent’s pick them up. Staff is responsible for safely storing the cards. At checkout, staff will ask the parent for their name and the name of their child so they can locate the correct card. Staff will ask parents to pull down their mask to reference with the photo on their card.
- Our staff go through daily health checks upon entering our buildings.
- Your child will go through a health check upon entering Kid Zone to assure that everyone is healthy.
- Children will wash their hands immediately upon entering.
- All toys/supplies that will be used will be disinfected before and after use.
- We will deep clean our space in-between sessions to assure there is no cross-contamination between groups.
- Social distancing is always a challenge with young children. We will help encourage social distancing between kids from different households by providing structured activities and spacing of the chairs and stations.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
If your child is showing any of the following identified COVID- 19 symptoms they will need to be sent home right away:
Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
Children may not return to Kid Zone until one of the following:
- They have a non-COVID diagnosis from their healthcare provider.
- They have a negative COVID-19 test result.
- They have isolated for 10 days; they’ve had 3 days with no fever and they are no longer showing symptoms.
Family members should notify CVPRD immediately if their child attended Kid Zone and later found out that they were diagnosed with or were exposed to COVID-19.
No-Shows and Cancellations
If you are unable to make your reservation time, please cancel your timeslot online, so another family may use the service. Late pick-up may result in a fee or suspension of Kid Zone usage. No shows will be charged a drop-in fee. Cancellations need to happen 2 hours in advanced or it will be considered a no show and a drop-in fee will be charged. If 3 no shows happen, the account will be suspended from making future reservations.