The annual Holiday Marketplace will not be held in person this year, but the show must go on so it's going virtual. The Virtual Holiday Marketplace will provide links on our website to the online stores of local craft and MLM vendors so people can shop for holiday gifts from the safety and comfort of their home.
How does it work?
- Previous Holiday Marketplace vendors will be emailed about the event on Wednesday, September 30 before a call for vendors will be advertised publicly.
- There's no fee to participate, all you need to do is complete the online application.
- Only one vendor from each type of MLM or specific business will be accepted (for example, only one vendor from Pampered Chef, Avon, LuLaRoe, etc.). Check the list of 2020 vendors on the main Virtual Holiday Marketplace page to avoid duplication.
- Vendors will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be notified of acceptance within two weeks of submitting an application.
- Your business name, a link to your online store (Etsy, Shopify, social media page, etc.), and a brief description of what you are selling will be posted on the Virtual Holiday Marketplace web page which will be live from Saturday, November 14 through Sunday, December 13.
- To kick off the virtual event, a Holiday Marketplace Facebook event will take place from 8 am - noon on Saturday, November 14. Vendors who wish to participate can interact with shoppers and share photos and links to their online store in the discussion section.
- The District will promote the Virtual Holiday Marketplace through posts on the District's Facebook and Twitter pages, on Nextdoor, in our online activity guide, via flyers in our facility, in press releases to local papers, and on our website.
- Vendors are responsible for handling every detail of the sale including payment, collecting the appropriate taxes, delivery, etc. For the safety of our vendors and patrons, we recommend either mailing products or doing porch no-contact delivery when necessary.
- It is preferred that vendors keep their online stores open for the duration of the event, however if you need to close before December 13, please email email@example.com and let us know so we can remove your listing from our website.
Heather HammarstromMarketing Manager720firstname.lastname@example.org