Click here to register.
Horseshoes is the perfect lawn game to enjoy with others in a friendly, competitive environment.
Thursdays, July 9 - August 27
Registration: Monday, June 22 - Friday, July 3
Double elimination playoffs begin September 3
$70 per team
What You Need to Know
- Teams of two, all genders allowed
- Games are played at the horseshoe pits behind the rec center (north side)
- Parking on the north side of the rec center
- Check league standings at www.teamsideline.com/cvprd
- A team must start out with two players and finish with two players.
- Forfeit will occur if players do not show up within 10 minutes of the scheduled game time, or you do not have a team of two within that 10 minutes after the scheduled game time.
- Weather Line: 720-531-337
- Each game is scheduled by the hour but may end well before the time. If a match is not complete by the one hour mark, the team who is leading will be the winner.
- Each team will play the best 2 out of 3 but will always play the third match (during the regular season) if time permits.
- The first two matches will go to 21 and the third match will only go to 15.
- Each team will be responsible for keeping track of their own score.
- Men must stand on the side of the stake, not directly in front of it, and pitch from the 37 inch foul line. Women and elders age 70 and older can go up to the 27 inch foul line which will be marked.
- Any shoe must be within one horseshoe-width (measured across the outside of the open end of the shoe) of the stake to be considered for points (official rules call for 6 inches max).
- The closest shoe to the stake gets 1 point.
- If you have two shoes closer than any of your opponent’s, you get 2 points.
- Ringers are worth 3 points each and must completely encircle the stake so the ends can be touched with a straight edge without touching the stake.
- If you have the closest shoe and a ringer, it’s 4 points.
- If your opponent throws a ringer on top of yours, they cancel, and no points are scored.
- A shoe making contact outside the pit before it comes to rest does not count in the scoring and if it lies within scoring distance of the stake it may be removed before the next pitch by either contestant.
- Double elimination tournament
- Games will be played best 2 out of 3
- You can only participate in the playoffs if you have played in two or more games during the regular season.
- You can only play for one team and may not fill in for any team who does not have enough players to play during the tournament.
You can use different players throughout the year but must participate in at least 2 games during the regular season in order to participate in the tournament. You can be a substitute for multiple teams but must pick one team to play with during the tournament.
Alcohol is allowed outside at the horseshoe pits, but glass containers are prohibited. Please recycle all containers and use common sense.
CVPRD staff has the authority to remove any player(s) whose actions may cause injuries or whose words are deemed inappropriate to themselves, other players, staff or spectators from the pits. In other words, don’t be a jerk and just come to have fun. It is the responsibility of the team captain to make sure that all trash is removed after each game.
Kelly Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org
303-833-3660 x 111