Facility Rules and Policies
Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District (CVPRD) staff is always available to assist you if you have any problems or questions. All participants must check in at Guest Services before entering the facility. Not all areas of the rec center may be available at all times due to special programs or activities. Please check with the Guest Services before paying daily fees.
- Children 10 years and older may be in the facility without a parent/guardian, but must successfully pass a swim test to be unsupervised in the pool area.
- Children 7 to 9 years of age must be accompanied in the facility by a responsible person age 14 or older and must pass a swim test to be in pool area without direct supervision.
- Children 6 years of age or younger must be directly supervised by a responsible person aged 14 or older unless participating in an approved CVPRD program or activity (e.g. swim lessons, KidZone, etc.).
- Children 13 years of age or younger must pass a swim test to be in certain areas of the pool (see Aquatics section for more info).
- Children 13 to 14 years of age must complete the Junior Trainers program to use the weight and cardio room areas with a parent/guardian (see Fitness/Wellness page for more info).
- Children 12 to 14 years of age may attend group/aqua fitness classes with a parent/guardian and at the instructor’s discretion.
Food and Drink Policy
No food or beverages will be allowed past the lobby with the exception of bottled water and sports drinks.
Payment for Drop-In Classes
Classes that are offered on a drop-in basis are to be paid for using a membership card, punch card, or drop-in fee.
Right to Refuse
Carbon Valley Parks and Recreation District reserves the right to withhold service to any patrons who refuse to follow district guidelines and code of conduct while in a District facility or while attending or participating in any District program.
Youth/Weight Cardio Room Policy
Youth ages 13 to 14 must participate in the Junior Trainers Program. Patrons age 15 and older have full access to weight and cardio rooms.
Customer Dress Code
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times (except in the pool).
- Non-marking shoes are required in the gymnasium, racquetball courts, and fitness studio.
Proper swim attire is required in the pool area, including trunks for males and swim suits for females Street clothes are prohibited.
- Athletic attire, including closed-toe athletic shoes, are required in the fitness areas. Pants or shorts with adornments (rivets, zippers, etc.) that may catch or tear workout equipment are not permitted in fitness areas.
Lost and Stolen Items
CVPRD is not responsible for lost and or stolen items. We strongly encourage patrons to bring their own lock or purchase one at guest services. Lockers are available for daily use for patrons to store personal belongings. Lockers are for daily use only, items left in lockers overnight will be removed and placed in lost and found.
In the event a program, class or trip is canceled by Carbon Valley Parks & Recreation District, a full refund will be issued. Administrative fees and any applicable cancellation fees will be assessed on any refund initiated by the participant. Refunds could take up to two weeks and are subject to managerial approval. Participants will be able to select how they want their approved refund returned to them. All approved refunds will be credited to either the credit/debit card it was purchased, to their CVPRD account, or in the form of a check.
No refunds will be allowed after the first seven days after the program begins or after two classes are completed unless circumstances are stated in writing and warrant consideration. Refunds requested by the participant after the program has started and are approved by management are prorated.
Carbon Valley Camp
Refund requests will not be guaranteed after a certain date established every year and will be assessed on a case by case basis. Check the website for the exact date. The registration fee of $50 per week session is non-refundable. Refunds will not be given for missed days or vacations.
Adult Programming Trips
Cancellations initiated after the cancellation deadline will not receive a refund, unless the space can be filled by another participant.
Single Day Programming
Full refund for single day programming may be issued if requested one week prior to scheduled date. Refund requests with less than seven days’ notice from scheduled date will either receive a full refund if space can be filled by another participant on the waitlist or subject to managerial approval and processing fee.
If the facility or specific areas of the facility close for unforeseen circumstances, no refunds will be issued. Patrons will have the options to receive a complimentary pass to use during another visit. Patrons must enter their information into our system, if they don’t already have an account, to receive a complimentary pass. If patron is not in the system, they will have the option to fill out an information form that staff can enter into the system and issue a pass.
Refunds will be granted on annual and quarterly passes only. 20-punch and monthly passes are nonrefundable. Refunds will be prorated dependent on use of the pass and before the pass has expired.
Accounts that are delinquent will be suspend until payment has been received. Delinquent accounts can request a refund or stop payment once the account has been paid in full for when the patrons used the facility.
Room Rentals and Parties
Rentals, parties and facility reservations may be canceled one week prior to schedule date for a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations with less than seven days’ notice from scheduled date will be refunded 50% of the reservation fee.
Gift certificates are non-refundable and have no expiration date.
Refund requests are subject to an administrative fee of $5. If a check is requested, a $5 administrative processing fee will be deducted.